17 July 2006

the last big thing.

I've reached the one-month mark. I've actually bypassed the one-month mark. The one-month mark was Saturday, a day that found me knee-deep in mini-pirates, a day too busy to recognize I'd reached the one-month mark. Here are updates:

1. I'm leaving in a month.
2. I don't know where I'll live.
3. I'm not registered for classes.

So, actually this is more of an anti-update.

It's proven to be much more challenging to remotely plan returning to school than I'd imagined. Apparently, there are things that one need be physically present for, such as registering for classes. Maybe it has something to do with the school itself, rather than higher ed's overall ability to accomodate the needs of the out-of-state, incoming student, but nonetheless, I've had moments of frustration and confusion. I'm sure it will all work itself out in the loveliest and most agreeable manner, after a month's time and 2000 miles have passed.

Another benchmark on Saturday, we had an event at the museum, and it was my last major responsibility before leaving. I still have some preparations to make for my departure, info to gather for my successor, but mostly I'm done. Mentally/ emotionally, I'm completely done (but that's been the case for the past six months ;) ). More time now to get my apartment sorted, spend some time looking for gear, enjoy happy hours with friends, and flee the city as quickly as possible any available weekend.

1 comment:

chinadoll said...

It's probably safe to say that in your new capacity, you won't ever find yourself repeating the phrase ". . . a day that found me knee-deep in mini-pirates."

One month to go, woohoo!