Goodness bless antibiotics, and vicodin, and whatever else the doc gave whilst in tears at the clinic. Friday night was as blissful as I've felt in forever, and for sure about a gazillion times better than I'd felt all week, what with a tonsil the size of Delaware bearing down on my throat at all hours and impeding my ability to swallow saliva, let alone food or bev. A bit more detail on last weeks condition (only because I'm mildly astonished by the sheer bizarreness of it all):
- The mouth and throat may show a swollen area of inflammation—typically on one side.
- The uvula (the small finger of tissue that hangs down in the middle of the throat) may be shoved away from the swollen side of the mouth.
- Lymph glands in the neck may be enlarged and tender.
- Severe sore throat that becomes isolated to one side
- Painful swallowing
- Fever and chills
- Muscle spasm in the muscles of the jaw (trismus) and neck (torticollis)
- Ear pain on the same side as the abscess
- A muffled voice, often described as a "hot potato" voice (sounds as if you have a mouthful of hot potato when you talk)
- Difficulty swallowing saliva
Tonight I watched Victoria Beckham: Coming to America. Am I acclimating so much to living so close to LA that I don't even flinch at wanting to watch this? I don't even feel ashamed. I sort of like her primarily because she's a little insane, but I also think this is adorable: